The SyNaLP research team
Fresh News: Python4NLP summer school !
Don’t miss the 2022 Python4NLP summer school that will take place in Nancy in May 2022.
More information on this page.
Welcome to our website !
The SyNaLP team is located in Nancy, France and is part of the LORIA (Laboratoire Lorrain de Recherche en Informatique et ses Applications) research unit. It is affiliated to the French National Scientific Research Center (CNRS) and the Université de Lorraine.
Our research focuses on hybrid, symbolic and neural approaches to natural language processing and its applications.
Current research topics include:
- Natural Language Generation
- Human-Machine Dialog
- Named Entity Recognition in Transcriptions of Spoken Text
- Text-to-Speech Alignment
- Semi-supervised Approaches to Syntactic Parsing and Semantic Role Labelling
- Emotion Detection and Modelisation in Tweets
- The investigation and design of advanced weakly supervised machine learning approaches for NLP
- The application of these weakly supervised methods to several NLP tasks, including syntactic and semantic parsing, named entity recognition, coreference resolution, generation, etc.