Nancy, located about 300km east of Paris, is at 1:30 hours by TGV high speed train from Paris. There are direct trains to Nancy station from Paris-Est. Other TGV trains connect Paris CDG airport and other major French cities with the TGV Lorraine train station (For your convenience, the IATA code for the Nancy Lorraine TGV Station is XZI, indicate that code for a connecting TGV air ticket from your travel agency or airline) , located about 40km from Nancy, which is reached by shuttle bus in about 40 minutes. Other trains reach Nancy from Strasbourg (and Switzerland and the south of Germany) and from Luxembourg and Metz (linking Nancy with Benelux and Germany). Consult the DB Web site for train connections to Nancy from within Europe.
By plane, Nancy is best reached through Paris CDG or Orly airports. From Paris CDG, you can catch a direct train to the TGV Lorraine station and then continue by shuttle bus. From Paris CDG or Orly, you can take the RER B to Gare du Nord, walk or take the Metro 4 to Gare de l’Est and take a TGV to Nancy train station. Luxembourg airport can be convenient as well: take the bus to Luxembourg train station, from which there are frequent connections to Nancy.
Alternatives are Frankfurt or Strasbourg airports. Low-cost flights reach Basel-Mulhouse or Frankfurt-Hahn, but it can be more difficult to reach Nancy from these airports by public transportation. Metz-Nancy regional airport is located close to the TGV Lorraine station and is served by the same shuttle buses.
LORIA is located on the campus of the Faculty of Sciences of Nancy University (Université Henri Poincaré). Its physical address is
615 rue du Jardin Botanique 54602 Villers-lès-Nancy
From the train station, LORIA is easily reached by bus or by tram.
Access by tram: Take the T1 line 🔗 at the Nancy Gare stop in the direction of Vandoeuvre CHU and get off at the stop Callot. Then traverse the University campus: from the tram stop, go right in the direction of Lycée Jacques Callot, then follow the street uphill (turning left), finally enter the campus. LORIA is the white building on the top of the hill. The tram takes less than 15 minutes and runs approximately every 7-15 minutes during working hours.
Access by bus: Take the line Tempo 3 🔗 from the Nancy centre (“Poirel” stop) in the direction of Villers Campus Science and get off at the stop Grande Corvée. LORIA is on your left, walk uphill about 30m. (The bus stop is in Rue du Jardin Botanique, facing the back side of LORIA, the main entrance to LORIA is on the other side.) The bus ride takes less than 15 minutes, buses run every 8-15 minutes during working hours.
Like many French cities, Nancy has a system of short-term bike rentals called Velostan. Rates are available here. The bike ride from the city center to LORIA takes about 20 minutes.
Here is a selection of hotels, which are located close to the city center and the tram and bus lines to LORIA. For more information, see the Tourist Office of Nancy, or yout preferred online hotel reservation platform.
- Best Western Hôtel Crystal (3 star hotel) 5 rue Chanzy, 54000 Nancy tel: (33) 3 83 17 54 00, fax: (33) 3 83 17 54 30
- Coeur de City Hotel Nancy Stanislas (3-star hotel) 61 rue Pierre Semard, 54000 Nancy tel: (33) 3 83 32 28 53, fax: (33) 3 83 32 79 97 email@example.com
- Hôtel Mercure Nancy Centre Stanislas (3-star hotel) 5 rue des Carmes, 54000 Nancy tel: (33) 3 83 30 92 60, fax: (33) 3 83 30 92 92
- Residhome Nancy Lorraine 9 boulevard de la Mothe – 54000 NANCY Tel : +33 (0)3 83 19 55 60 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hôtel de Guise (2-star hotel) 18 rue de Guise, 54000 Nancy tel: (33) 3 83 32 24 68, fax: (33) 3 83 35 75 63
- Hôtel Ibis Styles Nancy Centre Gare (ex all seasons) (2-star hotel) 3 rue de l’Armée Patton, 54000 Nancy tel: (33) 3 83 40 31 24, fax: (33) 3 83 28 47 78
- Hôtel Ibis Budget Nancy Centre Allée du Chanoine Drioton, 54000 Nancy tel: (+33) 8 92 68 12 86