Welcome to our website !
The Synalp team is located in Nancy, France and is part of the LORIA (Laboratoire Lorrain d'Informatique et ses Applications) research unit. It is affiliated to the French National Scientific Research Center (CNRS) and the Université de Lorraine.
Our research focuses on hybrid, symbolic and statistical approaches to natural language processing and applications built thereon, including NLP for Man-Machine Dialog, for language learning and for Data Verbalisation.
Current research topics include:
- Named Entity Recognition in Transcriptions of Spoken Text
- Text-to-Speech Alignment
- Data-to-text Generation
- Semi-supervised Approaches to Syntactic Parsing and Semantic Role Labelling
- Emotion Detection and Modelisation in Tweets
- The investigation and design of advanced weakly supervised machine learning approaches for NLP
- The application of these weakly supervised methods to several NLP tasks, including syntactic and semantic parsing, named entity recognition, coreference resolution, generation, etc.